Sunday, December 18, 2016

Drywall is done!

Drywall is done, heat is on, garage doors are installed, fireplace and wood stove brick has been delivered and the painters are coming next!  Here is the outside.  Siding a roof are done.  Off to the left will be a second story deck that still needs to be added.  The front door will be a semi-dark gray on both the exterior and interior.  It's Sherwin Williams Westchester Gray (shown below).  There is a door for that top deck off to the left which you can't see in this picture, the exterior of the door will be the Westchester Gray and the interior of the door will be white.  Alright, let's head inside!




If you're walking in from the garage, the first room to the right, which is open to the hallway is the Laundry Room!  I can't wait to hang a lonnnnnggggggg row of hooks for coats and bookbags, and a white handled vase filled with lavender, and whatever other random things happen to end up there!  

This is the guest room on the main level, which will also be used as my Mascara Lounge.  


Excuse me while I admire my awesome natural video/picture lighting.....and this new mascara.


And, the dining room and living room are to the left at the front of the house when you walk in the entryway.  It currently, as you can see has a bunch of scaffolding in the way, so there's not a great picture of it this time.  But, I'm super excited.  I've always dreamed of a roomy entryway, almost a room in itself, and it pretty much is.  I can't wait to show it to you all!  Below, the dining room has bay window, and an sliding door out onto the (will be) covered porch.  Lots of family meals and parties will be held here!  And, lots of makeup parties coming soon!!!  


Connected to the dining room is the living room.  It will have a fireplace like the one shown below, except the brick is more of a dark gray with white grout.  I love the size of this room, and the ceiling height, ah!  I can't wait for a snow white Christmas tree to be put up in that back corner.  That will be mama's tree!  The girls tree with color lights will be in the basement!  


This is the fireplace, if you just chop off everything above the mantel.  Ours will not go to the ceiling, but it will be big and bulky like that, and the brick will be gray with white grout.  This will be a gas fireplace.  


And if you step outside the dining room and are standing in the entry (under said scaffolding) and look up, this is your view.  I am so excited about the railings that I have chosen for these steps!  They're going to make a HUGE statement!  But, that's a reveal for another day.  



Let's head uptairs for a better view of the kitchen!  This will all be open.  There will be a large island right smack in the center, and right next to the stairs in the corner will be a wood burning stove with an exposed pipe that runs all the way up through the roof!  Can't wait for a beautiful snowy, winter day!  If you look closely you can see a paint color ;)  



In this pic, to the left is the kitchen and the right is the entryway.  Hard to see.  I'll get better pics when they move that scaffolding, but here you can see a great view of all of the skylights!  There are 5 in total.  2 above the kitchen and 3 above the entryway.  


Upstairs there are three bedrooms. First one pictured here will be my girls room that they will share.  Second picture is a smaller room, which I LOVE the size!  This will tentatively be their playroom ;)




The girls bathroom.  This will get some gray tiled floors - which are a high end Vinyl flooring.  And, it will boast a huge farmhouse style sink!  


And, lastly, the master bedroom.  It's a nice size room.  I've never loved big bedrooms.  I think this house plan has the PERFECT size rooms and all the space was in the correct places for what we need.  



And, the master bathroom.  I can't wait to soak in that tub........


and look at this view.  


Until then we will all keep dreaming of move in day, as we head back to our rental house in the city.  


Can you tell what it's going to look like yet?  I'd love to hear your comments below! 

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Psalms 107:1


8 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to provide this amazing warm home for your kids. I have always admired the whole farmhouse look even if I have to do it in the city. I know your amazing style will blow magnolia market out of the water! I know you hold a dear place in your heart for Chip and Joanna. Lol I can't wait to see the finished product. It's gonna be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are so excited, and absolutely feel very blessed and thankful that we are able to do this. I can't wait to get in here and decorate this thing! My pinterest boards are filling up!

      Delete
  2. I think it will be amazing!! Warm and cozy with enough space to fill with love!! I can't wait to see the finish product! This will definitely be the "bling" that I remember you saying that you wanted!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! haha! He's still trying to makeup for all that bling he owes me. I guess this will seal the deal. Miss you friend!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished product! It's going to be beautiful! I may need to come stay with you for a while to get away from it all! ���� Missy Willard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a guestroom! My sister claims it as hers and requested white robes for when she visits, so when she's not here it's all yours! I do plan on hosting team events here this coming spring and summer, so you'll definitely be coming out there! ;)

      Delete
  4. First visit to your blog. What an exciting adventure that you are on now! The farmhouse looks like it's going to be just beautiful! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog has been a big inspiration of mine. I'm pretty sure I've read every post on there :) It inspired me to share my journey to the farm!

      Delete

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving so...