Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sweet Rosemary Chicken Thighs

This is one of my favorites quick recipes that I can usually throw together with things from my pantry. I didn't have a lemon on hand, so instead of the lemon zest and juice I dropped in a couple drops of my Lemon Essential Oil. My husband doesn't like "too citrusy" so just a few drops did the trick. 

Here's what you need! 


6 Chicken Thighs - skin on
2 Cloves of garlic (I use two small squeezes from prechopped garlic)
1 tsp of Lemon Zest
1tsp of Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Chopped Rosemary
1/4 cup of Pure Organic Maple Syrup
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1tsp yellow mustard
1/4 tsp salt
salt and pepper to taste

My Lodge Cast Iron pot has been getting a workout lately, and tonight was no different. It's just makes everything so much better, but if you don't have one, a large skillet or pot will do just fine. 

Over medium heat, fire up the stove, and in your pot give a couple swirls around the pan of olive oil. Lay your 6 chicken thighs bone side down around the pan in a single layer. Coat with salt and pepper to taste. 




Let that cook up about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all other ingredients, and set to the side.



Flip your chicken. Drizzle a bit of your sauce mixture onto the chicken, I do just a bit on the underside. I let this cook about 5 minutes until almost done. Flip 'em once again and add the sauce to the top of the chicken thighs. I usually turn down the heat to let them finish up slowly while I prep the rest of my meal.



When they're cooked through, remove them from the pan, and enjoy! 


Xoxo, Jennifer 


 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13






No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving so...