Saturday, October 23, 2021

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving some attention.

The dresser was pretty, but I claimed it for the master bedroom side table. So, we needed a makeover.....



I went antique shopping for a chicken hutch type set of cubbies, but couldn't find one. I came home and remembered I had this white set of cubbies in the garage just taking up space. I knew it had to go olive green.


Satin Italian Olive is the color I chose, and it is absolutely perfect. However, I severely underestimated the amount I needed. It also turns out there is a spray paint shortage. I could NOT find this color anywhere......except Amazon had TWO cans left - just what I needed.


Would you like to know how much EACH can was?


Twenty. Dollars.

Crazy. Right? I bought them. I figured my cabinet was already here and I had most of the decor and that's how I justified that price. I had to talk myself into it.

I went to the basement and found a bunch of random decor I had leftover, more fall pieces and brought it all to the porch.

A few pumpkins, a crow lurking in the tree and fall leaves for a nod to the season. Books with covers removed to be a little more subtle.....


A few blankets to wrap up in on extra chilly days.....


A pair of outgrown cowgirl boots and a stack of my favorite fall magazines complete the look.


I'm pleased with how it turned out. It was the perfect pop of color this corner of the porch was craving. Now, just waiting on my million dollar spray paint to arrive.


Happy Fall. Grab a blanket, get outside and cozy up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving so...