Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Homemade Croutons


I had a bunch of people asking for my recipe, so here it goes!  I don't do much measuring for this, just kind of a throw it all into the pan and hope for the best type deal.  You can't really mess it up really!

Here's what you need:
Day old crusty bread, cubed. (1/4 loaf of sandwich bread)
Olive Oil
Handful of Fresh Herbs like Rosemary, Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Parsley or
Dried Italian Seasoning
Garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste


In a pan I go around about 2-3 times with olive oil.  Turn the burner on med-low heat and let it heat up.  Meanwhile, I cube my bread and chop all of my herbs.  Sometimes I use my homemade bread, and sometimes I use sandwich bread.  I use whatever I have.  I use probably the equivalent to a quarter to a third of a loaf of bread.  Just eyeball it.



Back at the pan, I throw in garlic.  I use prepared garlic that is already chopped.  I don't like a ton of garlic, so I just do maybe the equivalent to one clove.  Mix it around for about a minute.  Then, add in my cubed bread.  Stir it around and let the oil coat it.



Add in my chopped fresh herbs or dried Italian seasoning.  And, top it off with salt and pepper to taste.  Me?  Easy on the salt, load on the pepper.  Stir them around occasionally until they are toasted, and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving so...