Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Snowy January Morning on the Farm

Finally! Some snow! It doesn't happen much here in southern Virginia so I'm always excited when it does.  

The farm is always so beautiful, and fresh looking with a blanket of snow. 


The girls couldn't wait to get out in it, so right after a warm breakfast we bundled up to play and take care of the morning farm chores. 

The garden is bare, but it won't be long until it starts waking up for spring. I have big garden plans for this year, but for now I'm enjoying the break. 

Cheyenne loves to eat the snow. 

Evie's first real snow. I don't think she could quite figure it out. 

And with each snow.....it reminds me how badly the orange dust sticks to the white house. The farmhouse needs to be pressure washed! 


The landscape here at the front of the house is heading into it's 3rd season. It should make leaps and bounds in size this summer. I had a vision, but the WAIT is the hardest when you start with smaller plants.

I always wait until after February to cut back my grasses, hydrangea and russian sage just so it looks like this for a snow. I love the winter interest it gives! 

Our newly stained fence (quarantine project) looks dreamy with a coating of white snow. 

The horses love it too! They take off running with excitement when we arrive for morning feeding time. 
Now, it's time to head back in and get warm by the fire! 

Happy snow day! I hope you got some too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Farmhouse Front Porch Makeover

There's nothing like ending the day wrapped in a blanket, with a glass of wine overlooking the farm. This spot was definitely craving so...